FORADCAMP 2018 AWARD LIST
These are the award winners of ForadCamp 2018, 7th Nature and Cinema Exhibition.
- The Jury, composed of Mercedes Álvarez, Sara Xiol and Raül Ruiz, awarded the Jury Prize for Best Documentary, to “Zirdzin, hallo!”, by Laila Pakalnina. The Jury awarded it “for the original look of the director, which allows us to discover a new reading of the landscape, with the intermediation of the elements created by man, that stand between the viewer and nature. A very suggestive vision with a great planning and assembly work, in short, a minimalist short film that is at the same time very expressive“.
- Also, the Jury granted a Special Mention to “Cucli”, by Xavier Marrades, because, “from a small story of a character that is very close, and of his intimate relationship with a bird, he offers us his particular vision of universal themes such as mourning, death, the meaning of life, and acceptance of the positive and negative aspects of existence, showing love for the protagonists without falling into the melodramatic excess “.
- The Audience Award also went to “Cucli“.
- Distribution Prize sponsored by Festhome and awarded by INDOC, was for the short “Ligne Noire”, by Mark Olexa and Francesca Scalisi, “for the narrative consistency, for the risky photography, for the careful work of sound and, above all, for portraying a clear and condensed way, with a memorable sequence plane, a deep conflict in the relationship between human beings and nature “.
- Finally, Granollers Cultural Association Mention was for “Two ºC-New York City“, by Maxime Contour, “for its photography, framing, color and montage work, which provides an original look at New York“