7th Nature and Cinema Exhibition – October 20 – 21, 2018
(Submission deadline: June 17, 2018)
ForadCamp is a film exhibition organized by the town of Figaró-Montmany and coordinated by the Association of Independent Documentary Filmmamkers INDOC.
The exhibition seeks to link the natural environment with independent personal cinema made with an innovative spirit. The Exhibition follows these rules:
The Official Section is open to non-fiction films, made in any video format. All the films must comply the following requirements:
- Films must not exceed 30 minutes in lengh.
- Fiction films, purely informative and advertising videos of any kind will not be selected.
- Nature should have a prominent place within the short film (it may be present as a space, reflection exercise, discovery, experience…)
- Creative and artistic risk works will be especially assessed.
- Although the Exhibition accepts English subtitles for the preselection process, all non-Spanish or non-Catalan films must have subtitles in either one of these two languages in case of being selected in the Official Section.
- Short films must have been completed after January 1, 2016.
Submissions will be accepted from May 2nd until June 17th, 2018.
Films can be submitted in two ways:
- a) Via Festhome.
- b) Via the online form on the Exhibition website.
Selected works will be announced during August 2018. In order to be screened during the Exhibition, all selected films will have to send an H264 format file of the short film. Also, the organization could use up to 1 minute of each selected short film to promote the Exhibition on any media.
The Exhibition reserves the right to select some of the short films submitted to participate in non-competitive sections.
The screening of selected films will be held in the hall of New Casino Figaró, on October 20 and 21 2018.
By submitting to this Exhibition you are admitting copyright ownership of the film, and you are assigning the screening rights to the Exhibition.
AWARDS AND JURY
The short films in the Official Section will compete for the Jury Award, Audience Award, Distribution Prize and Granollers Cultural Association Mention.
The Best Documentary Award will be worth €300 (subject to income taxes) and will be chosen by a Jury of film professionals.
The Audience Award will be decided according to the results of the audience vote held in the theater the day of the screening.
The Distribution Prize, sponsored by Festhome, will consist of bonus for the distribution of the selected short in international festivals.
The Granollers Cultural Association Mention.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Registration for this exhibition implies full acceptance of all its regulations.