FORADCAMP 2016 AWARD LIST
These are the award winners of ForadCamp 2016, 5th Nature and Cinema Exhibition.
- Foradcamp 2016 Best Documentary Jury Award: Nobody dies here, by Simon Panay. (France, 2016, 23 min). The Jury, composed by Elisabet Prandi, Carme Mayugo and Jordi Morató, awarded the film because «It makes a very careful treatment of such a difficult issue as gold mining, from a strong ethical position. Each of the characters is very well located in the narration and the director develops several issues that allow him to make the portrait of place. It’s a respectful look at the situation of Africa, and all the tiny stories treated resume universal issues such as the fact to dream about the possibility one day of a sudden change in your humble situation, or even the daily confrontation with death. The scene of the interview with the man in charge of the exploitation of the gold mine it’s wonderful». The award is endowed with 300 €.
- Jury Especial Mention: Fóra do continente, by Nico Martínez Millán (Spain, 2014, 20 min). The Jury sustained that «the film highlights the island from the eyes of the women who live and give life to these islands. Through the portrait of the characters and the space exploration emerges the reflection on universal themes such as fear or death, building the geography of such an amazing place».
- Granollers Cultural Association Award: Miejsce, by Julia Popławska (Poland, 2015, 15 min). The award consists on the screening of the selected short at Dimarts Singulars Exhibition held at the Granollers Film Club.
- Audience Award: Som pastor, by Borja Zausen (Spain, 2015, 8 min).
- Distribution Prize, sponsored by Clickforfestivals: 165/60, by Anton Brutski. (Belarus, 2014, 17 min). The award consists on bonus for the distribution of the selected short in international festivals.
We want to thank the participation and collaboration of the Jury, audience, technical and politic staff of Figaró-Montmany and our sponsors.